Academic Areas: Dynamic design of mechatronics system; Vibration and noise control; Design and control of new special purpose vehicle; Analysis and control of automobile NVH performance.
Huang Qibai is the professor in Huazhong University of Science and Technology. He acts as the director of department of mechanical design and automotive engineering and the executive vice president of Hubei Institute of Specialty Vehicle. His reasearch areas include (1)the dynamic design of mechatronics system, (2) vibration and noise control, (3)design and control of new special purpose vehicle, (4) the analysis and control of automobile NVH performance. He has leaded more than 50 research projects included program supported by the ‘Nine Five’ National Climb, program supported by the Major State Basic Research program of China, program supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China, international cooperative project, National Defense Science and technology project, and a large amount of projects supported by enterprises. He has published three monographs and more than 100 papers recorded in SCI and EI. He has planted more than 100 masters and doctors, offered courses on Mechanical Vibration, The Control of Vibration and Noise, Engineering Measurement and Signal Analysis, Engineering Drawing and Theory of machines for undergraduates and postgraduates.
1981.09-1985.07 Wuhan University of Technology Bachelor
1985.09-1987.07 Jilin University Master
1991.09-1994.06 Huazhong University of Science and Technology Doctor
1987.9-1991.8, Lecturer of Automotive Engineering Department, Wuhan University of Technology;
1994.6-1996.4, Postdoctoral of Power Engineering and Engineering Thermo-physics Postdoctoral Research Station, Huazhong University of Science and Technology;
1996.5-1999.6, Associate professor and Deputy Director of Department in Mechanical Science and Engineering Department, Huazhong University of Science and Technology;
1999.7-present, Professor, Doctorial Advisor and Director of Department in College of Mechanical Science and Engineering, HUST University of Science and Technology;
2001.3-2002.5, Senior Engineer in General Motors Corporation Technology Center; 2013.7-present, Executive Vice-President of Institute of Specialty Vehicle, Hubei Province.
1. Vibration systems: Analyzing, modeling, Testing, Controlling (the third edition). Wuhan: Huazhong University of Science and Technology Press, 2013.1 (in Chinese).
2. Noise Control in Engineering. Wuhan: Huazhong University of Science and Technology Press, 1999. 8 (in Chinese).
3. Descriptive Geometry and Engineering Drawing（the fifth edition）. Wuhan: Huazhong University of Science and Technology Press, 2012.9. (in Chinese).
4. Optimized compact filtering schemes for computational aeroacoustics. International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids, 2009,60:827-845.
5. An improved form of the hypersingular boundary integral equation for exterior acoustic problems. Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements, 2010, 34: 189-195.
6. Dual reciprocity hybrid boundary node method for acoustic eigenvalue problems. Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements 2010, 34: 359-368.
7. An improved localized radial basis function meshless method for computational aeroacoustics. Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements 2011,35(1):47-55.
8. Topology optimization of composite material plate with respect to sound radiation. Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements 2011,35(1)61-67.
9. A new fast multipole boundary element method for two dimensional acoustic problems. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering 2011,200(9-12):1333-1340.
10.A fast multipole boundary element method based on the improved Burton-Miller formulation for three-dimensional acoustic problems. Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements 2011, 35(5):719-728.
11. Fast multipole accelerated boundary element method for the Helmholtz equation in acoustic scattering problems. Science in China Series G: physics Mechanics Astronomy, 2011，54（8）:1405-1410.
12. A new diagonal form fast multipole boundary element method for solving acoustic Helmholtz equation. Acta Phys. Sin, 2012, 61:064301-1-8.
13. Structural response reconstruction based on the modal superposition method in the presence of closely spaced modes[J]. Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 2014, 42(1): 14-30.
14. Acoustic finite element model updating using acoustic frequency response function[J]，Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, 2014, 87: 1-9.
1.Outstanding communist party members in Colleges and universities in Hubei Province, 2003；
2.Outstanding graduate instructor, 2004, awarded by HUST；
3."My favorite teacher" Award Nominations of HUST, 2007;
4.Outstanding Master's Thesis Guidance Award of Hubei Province, 2007；
5.Outstanding Doctor's Thesis Guidance Award of Hubei Province , 2007；
6.Outstanding Communist Party Members, Dept. MSE, HUST, 2012.
1. Descriptive Geometry and Mechanical Drawing (basic specialized course for undergraduate);
2. Mechanical Theory (basic specialized course for undergraduate);
3. Mechanical Vibration (degree course for postgraduate & international first-class course);
4. Noise and Vibration Control (degree course for postgraduate).
1.National Natural Science Foundation of China: The research of the active sound absorption mechanism and acoustic characteristic of electrorheological fluid based on Biot’s theory, 2012.01-2015.12，Project leader.
2.The analysis techniques of excitation source characteristics based on distribution flow field. 2010.01-2011.12, project leader.
3.National Natural Doctoral Scientific Fund Project of China: The research of the active sound absorption mechanism and control method of electrorheological fluid. 2008.01-2010.12 Project leader.
4.The major scientific and technological innovation of Hubei Province: The research of some critical technology of aerial ladder system. 2014.01-2015.12，project leader；
5.National Natural Science Foundation of China：The research of self-organizing prototyping technique, 2001.01-2003.12，project leader;
Interviewed and reported repeatedly by Suizhou television station on the development of special purpose vehicle industry and the construction of Hubei Institute of Specialty Vehicle.