Academic Areas: Robot multi-axis machining dynamics, Robot intelligent milling processing equipment
Xiaowei Tang, born in May 1985, is currently a lecturer at the National Nc System Engineering Research Center, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China. He received his BS and MS degrees in mechanical engineering from Southwest Jiaotong University and Wuhan University of Technology, China, in 2008 and 2011 respectively, and received Doctor degree from Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China, in 2017. From January 2017 to August 2019, he worked as a postdoctoral fellow at Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China. His research interests include robot multi-axis machining dynamics.
2004.09-2008.06 Southwest Jiaotong University Bachelor
2008.09-2011.06 Wuhan University of Technology Master
2012.09-2016.11 Huazhong University of Science and Technology Ph. D
2011.07-2012.08 Zoomlion Mechanical R&D Engineer
2017.01-2019.08 Huazhong University of Science and Technology Postdoctoral fellow
1. Z. R. Zhu, F.Y. Peng, X.W. Tang*, R. Yan, Z.P. Li, C. Chen, H. Sun. Specific Cutting Energy Index (SCEI)-based Process Signature for High-Performance Milling of Hardened Steel. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 2019, 103(1-4): 1-13.
2. X.W. Tang, Z. R. Zhu, R. Yan*, C. Chen, F.Y. Peng, M.K Zhang, Y.T. Li. Stability prediction based effect analysis of tool orientation on machining efficiency for five-axis bull-nose end milling. Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering-Transactions of the ASME, 2018, 140(12), 121015.
3. X.W. Tang, F.Y. Peng, R. Yan*, Y.H. Gong, X. Li. An effective time domain model for milling stability prediction simultaneously considering multiple modes and cross-frequency response function effect. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 2016, 86(1-4): 1037-1054.
1. National Natural Science Foundation of China Youth Fund Project " Non-uniform distribution frequency response analysis and dynamic response-based motion planning for robot milling of large curved-surface ", 2011/1-2021/12
2. China Postdoctoral Science Foundation “The nolinear process damping and dynamic study research for turn-milling of carrier based aircraft landing gear”, 2017/9-2018/12
3. National Natural Science Foundation of China "Multi-thermal field cutting mechanism and high quality process optimization research for laser assisted milling of carrier aircraft landing gear ", 2018/1-2021/12