Academic Areas: Modeling and simulation for Multi-domain physical systems; Multi-disciplinary Design Optimization
He received his Ph.D. in mechanical engineering from Southeast University in 1999 April. From April 1999 to June 2001, He did postdoctoral research in mechanical engineering school of Huazhong University of science and technology. In 2001, He became a staff of HUST and was appointed as an associate professor in the same year. In 2008, he was promoted as a professor. He has been engaged in mechanical design, CAD and computer graphics, multi-disciplinary optimization, multi domain modeling and simulation for teaching and researching for more than 15 years. With the requirement of scientific research and teaching, from January 2009 to January 2010, he has been studied at University of Victoria in Canada as a visiting scholar, supervised by the famous Chinese scholar, Professor Dong Zuomin, who was the director of mechanical engineering department of University of Victoria, where he engaged in research on hybrid modeling, simulation and optimization of the electric car. From 2000, he began to supervise graduate students. Until now a total of more than 20 master students and 4 doctoral students has been graduate from his group.
1989-1993 Dalian light industry institute Bachelor
1993-1996 Southeast University Master
1996-1999 Southeast University Ph.D.
1999-2001 PostDoctor Huzhong Univ. of Science and Technology (HUST)
2001--now Staff mechanical school of HUST
2009-2010 UVic in Canada
 Mao Huping, WU Yizhong, CHEN Liping. Data Driven Multivariate Adaptive Regression Splines based Simulation Optimization. Applied Mechanics and Materials, 2011, 44-47: 3800-3806.
 JIANG Zhan-si, WU Yi-zhong, CHEN Li-ping. Solving Strategy for Repetitious Simulation of Multi-domain Physical System Based on Modelica. CADDM, Vol.17(2), 2007.
 RW Li, YZ Wu, L.Gao. Research on Variable Parameter Set in Complex Multi-domain Physical System and Its Repeatedly Simulating Arithmetic. Proceedings of the 16 ISPE international conference on concurrent engineering, 2009.
 MAO Huping，WU Yizhong, CHEN Liping. Fuzzy Clustering Metamodel Based Global Optimization, Proceedings of International Conference on Manufacturing Engineering and Automation (ICMEA 2010), 2010.
 Y. Z. Wu, Z. Dong, and S. K. You. Accurate and Efficient Global Approximation Using Adaptive Polynomial RSM for Complex Mechanical and Vehicular Performance Models. Proceedings of International Conference on Automotive and Mechanical Engineering 2010. ICAME 2010, July 28-30, 2010, Paris, France.
 Wei, Xin; Wu, Yizhong; Chen, Liping. Global optimization method based on incremental radial basis functions, Applied Mechanics and Materials, v 121-126, p 3950-3954, 2012
 MAO Hu-ping, WU Yi-zhong, CHEN Li-ping Multivariate Adaptive Regression Splines Based Optimization using Move Limit Strategy J Shanghai Univ(Engl Ed),2011,15(6):542-547
 Li, Yaohui; Wu, Yizhong; Huang, Zhengdong An incremental kriging method for sequential optimal experimental design. Source: CMES - Computer Modeling in Engineering and Sciences, v 97, n 4, p 323-357, 2014
1. undergraduate course "Computer graphics and CAD technology"
2. undergraduate course "The modern design method"
3. graduate course "object oriented programming"
4. graduate courses "computer graphics"
(1) Responsible for the "863" exploration oriented project (2006AA04Z121): 2006 November to 2008 October, the project name: multi domain modeling, analysis and optimization technology for complex product.
(2) Be in charge of the project of National Natural Science Fund (50775084), up to date: 2008 January - 2010 December. Name of project: Research on hierarchical hybrid modeling and multidisciplinary design optimization of multi physics system.
(3)Be in charge of the project of National Natural Science Fund (51175198), up to date: 2012 January - 2015 December. Name of project: Based on increment the corresponding surface optimization method of sequential sampling and its application in multi domain simulation optimization, in research.
(4) Aerospace Research Institute project "multidisciplinary process calculation and integrated optimization platform" project, which has been carried out for two phases. He has developed a platform of multidisciplinary design optimization “FlowComputer”.